Costock C of E Primary School Values & Vision Statement
Every Child’s a Star!
"As God's children we shine like Stars" Philippians 2 v.15
Every day at Costock Church School we are experiencing and learning; Service to God, each other and ourselves, Truth, Acceptance and Respect. As we leave each day we take these Christian Values with us.
* To provide a happy, secure and caring environment in which all individuals feel valued.
* To inspire each child with Christian values and encourage an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith.
* To embrace, understand and respect the differences between gender, races and cultures.
* To ensure that all children have an awareness of local and global environmental issues.
Our learning aims are:
* To create an environment where children have a desire for learning, are highly motivated and to help each child to develop a lively enquiring mind.
* To recognise that each child makes a unique contribution to the life of our school.
* To develop self-discipline, based on an awareness of others in order for children to take responsibility for their own actions and to take appropriate risks.
* To develop thoughtful pupils who make careful and considerate decisions.
* To help children fulfill their potential by acquiring relevant knowledge and skills and develop their self-confidence.
* To provide a rich, varied, balanced and creative curriculum to inspire, engage and challenge.
* To provide a clear curriculum framework for each child and to monitor his/her achievement within that framework.
* To meet the requirements of the National Curriculum and EYFS.
* To deploy resources effectively in order to meet the needs of the curriculum.
* To provide opportunities for extra-curricular provision.
* To further develop our strong relationships between school, home, church, parish and the wider community.
* To use opportunities within the local community in order to enrich learning.
* To build solid foundations for citizenship and skills for life in order to prepare our children for future development and to benefit the local and wider community.